It all started with one bold decision. On 1 April 1919, August Läpple founded a small mechanical workshop complete with a smithery in Weinsberg, close to the German city of Heilbronn. With assistant and apprentice in tow, his first jobs were to repair bicycles and agricultural machinery, as well as manufacture cutterbars for mowing machines.
Around 100 years later, the LÄPPLE Group has grown to become an internationally renowned supplier of press parts, bodyshell components, standard parts, rotary tables and automation solutions, delivering innovative solutions to the highest standard of quality.
Passion, expertise and the application of state-of-the-art technology have shaped the history of LÄPPLE from the very beginning. With his high standards of quality and the ability to find efficient and economical solutions for his customers’ problems, August Läpple soon earned an outstanding reputation.
And with strong local roots and a high level of skill and expertise, 2700 men and women have been working at the company since then to ensure his legacy endures.